Coopers Community

Vintage discovery

Jeff

Just moved into a new place & finally retreaved my stuff from over 2 years in storage. After the unpacking there they were.......2 six packs of batch # 3 Vintage, dated "Oct 2000". Should be nice by now :D

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I cracked an Oct 2000 last night and it was still spot on. I've only got five left :cry: , so I'll be stretching the others out, aswell as trying to duplicate it myself. Guess I'll just have to drink my own and make a start on the 2003 vintage. The last time I had one, it tasted very different to the 2000, but maybe it has changed a bit by now. Enjoy your beers :wink:

I'd be drinking that 98 pretty soon. I've still got a few and they're still OK, but not superb. Admittedly though they haven't been kept under ideal conditions. The 99 is getting a bit long in the tooth, too. The 2000 is fine and 2002 is quite nice drinking.

• 2 weeks later...

... All of which kinda raises one of my mist common dilemmas - when is it time to say 'Excellent stuff, lets neck the lot now'

I live in fear (terrorist bombings don't scare me...) of having a beer or wine that was sensational last year, so I kept it, only to find that I have overstayed and it has declined to now be shit.

ps: the 'Now' refered to is a period of weeks/months, not minutes.

Archived