Coopers Community

IS MY EURO LAGER READY TO KEG?

miket6

Hi Guys, I am in the final stages of my euro lager brew-: 2 x cans eurolager 1kg ldm , 1kg be1 and brewed at 18c (which i know is a bit high) for now on day number 9. FG has been stable at 1.013 for 3 days now it started at 1.046. Is it common to finish at this gravity? or lower? and shouldnt it take usually 2-3 weeks as suggested on the can

18C is a little high for a lager yeast really. Not sure why they insist in giving people those instructions. I try to brew my lager yeast (Coopers Euro Lager and Coopers Pilsner) at roughly 11C.

Leave it for a little longer to clear out (if you have the time) and then check to see if it is the same.

Sounds like it would be ready to me, there is a lot of malt in that brew if it is a 23L batch. How large is the batch.

Remember it doesn't need to be exactly finished at kegging as there is not issue with bottle bombs in the keg[rightful] . It does however benefit with leaving it in the fermenter for a little longer.

Keg away then.

Since you used 2 cans of euro lager 1kg of LDM and 1kg of BE1.

I would be thinking that the OG would have been over 1.070 (guessing as I don't have the calculator) not 1.046.

This would make a beer that is stronger then 8% (guessing on OG to FG).

Someone please correct me if my calculations are wrong

Nah... the ingredients you gave for 21L (2 x cans + 1kg LDM + Be1) should be pushing 1.090 OG and I certainly wouldn't have done it at 18C [pinched] You should be looking at 2-3 weeks to ferment as well.

Sorry but something definitely isn't right here. [alien]

Archived