Coopers Community

READY TO BOTTLE?

SEAHOUND

G'Day Brewers,

I have a Porter that started at 1042SG and has dropped to 1014SG and remained static for two days, I was expecting it to drop below 1010SG at least, but as it has apparently stopped I am going to bottle it in the morning.

That should be OK shouldn't it? Or am I walking into a "trap for young players"?

Whether or not fermentation has finished leave it for 1-2 more weeks in the fermenter mate.

You want the beer to further clear and condition, I kegged an IPA lastnight, I didnt time how long it was in the fermenter for but it was longer than 3 weeks

I leave mine in the fermenter minimum two weeks i left a batch for 2 and a half weeks was really good bottling after 7 days is ok but that extra week in the fermenter does wonders it gives the yeast time to clean up after themselves and remove off flavours also make sure you have a stable FG otherwise if it is still fermenting you might have bottle bombs so just make sure the FG is the same over two days but leave it for a minimum of two weeks and you will be rewarded with a great beer

I was going to bottle/keg one today that has been sitting for 15 days. However, the SG is sitting on 1.015 which is really high for me so I have ramped up the temp to 20C and will leave for a couple of days more to see if it comes any lower. After this I will cold condition for about 3-5 days more then bottle it.

Archived