Coopers Community

First AG and Thankyou!

PhilboBaggins

With all my carrying on about inconsistent carbonation levels yesterday, I forgot to mention what I was actually DOING whilst sampling said beers.

I decided to have a crack at a mini BIAB on the stovetop, after being directed to a thread on AHB by BillK earlier this year. After reading this article 9L Stovetop and reading several other bits of info (including Yob's directions for a partial mash) I was able to confidently pull the whole thing off and come out of it with about 10 litres of lovely smelling and tasting wort which is currently kicking along nicely with some US-05.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to people like Bill and Yob for taking people like myself out of our comfort zones and making the uncharted territories seem a little less uncharted. When I joined this forum last year I had been brewing kit & kilo for about seven years, and was looking to expand my hobby. Now all my kit beers have added hops, specialty grains, and I'm now doing AG!

Sorry if this seems sucky, but I'm nursing a wee hangover today and tend to get a bit emotional [crying].

Archived