Coopers Community

What is a safe Ginger Beer fg for bottling?

Stoobrew

So the Ginger Beer has been sitting up the back for a few weeks(behind the other 3 fermenters) and I thought I'd pull it out and do a fg since I havnt done one in about a week. Seems to be sitting around 1005 mark today. The only difference from the recipie is I added +500g of dark brown sugar. Is that about right for bottling or will it drop further below this? This wort has been weird it looked like it finished at one stage, then the yeast kicked back in and it made another yeast head. I'm getting a bit sick of it taking up room in an fv so I think I might just bottle it at that today at that!!

I mixed up a Ginger Beer for Dad about a month ago, my FG was about 1004-1005. It took 2 weeks to ferment as well. I thought the yeast had stopped or something because the foam stayed around for bloody ever. I'd expect that FG is pretty right, ginger beer doesn't have as much body as regular beer normally, so you'd expect a lower gravity.

Cheers,

Kelsey

I mixed up a Ginger Beer for Dad about a month ago' date=' my FG was about 1004-1005. It took 2 weeks to ferment as well. I thought the yeast had stopped or something because the foam stayed around for bloody ever.[/quote']

Yeah that's what was freaking me out,foam hung around,left came back...I managed to dig up enough PETS for it so no dramas...will be testing this one on the misses I think!!

Archived