Coopers Community

Best brew so far

About a month ago i made a Aus pale ale with cascasde hops that i boiled fermented the usual 2 weeks and bottled now for another 2 weeks for a young beer this one shines as my best brew so far I will say to coopers I will be buying more of the pale ale kits and adding cascade hops to it delicious beer cannot wait for the next few weeks to pass so it matures more it will only get better I thought this batch was stuffed due to a rotten egg smell during the first week of fermentation but boy did this batch turn out grouse so the Aus pale ale is on my favourites list now im stoked Cheers N Beers everyone

My goto beer, every few brews I use it, I love the bitterness and every time I make it I accidently drop more Cascade in it. Infact I just emptied a keg of it and I have another keg of it to replace the empty.

Ive just vac packed 1.3kg of Cascade so its going to get worse, lastnights brew (not a kit but a pale ale) I used 225g of hops and thats before the dry addition [unsure]

I only used 30g of cascade 20g for 15 mins and 10g 5 mins and turned out perfect cascade is a nice hop as im experimenting im starting to like the different types of hops so far tried fuggles in my porter and now cascade in my aus pale ale im sure to use it in sparkling ale but i also have amarillo which i am thinking of using in my sparkling ale next we will see

Amarillo' date=' Nelson savin and cascade is my fav combo. Gives a mix between lcpa and js150 lashes[/quote']

Sounds good im really gone mad with hops can't wait to try a bit more experimenting to find what i really like so far i like cascade and citra and fuggles all with their own flavour and character

Last count i thin i had about 17 various types of hops im the freezer + a kilo of heather flowers for a planned heather ale (kilo is enough for about 4-5 natches)

I just had 3lb of hops turn up from the states last night, now all separated into 50g vac sealed baggies

[roll] [lol] [rightful]

yob

Where did you get the heather from Yob, I saw your post on AHB but thought you were still hunting for it.

I saw the River cottage episode on it but he just stuffed a carp load of fresh stuff into his boil, he never measured it and even brewed it next to the field were it was picked from memory and broke all of the sanitation rules of brewing in the process [biggrin]

Pale Ale is my 'go to' choice every few brews and I especially like using two cans, its one of the only ones that doesnt get too bitter. But Lately I've loving the Real Ale. I was going crazy with all sorts of steeping and mini mashes, but because of a recent addition to our family getting to the brew shop has become harder, so I've stepped back a bit. The last recipe which turned out great was this (it always seems my favourite brew is the one I'm drinking at the time lol)

Can of Real Ale

BE 1 (400g Maltodextrine/600gDextrose)

600g LDME

6min boil of 25g Nelson Sauvin (200g LDME in 2 litres water)

Safale US.05

turned out bloody beautiful!

Where did you get the heather from Yob' date=' I saw your post on AHB but thought you were still hunting for it.[/quote']

A bloke who is also an AHB member got it sent over from Scotland, we then split it between us.

Its the next planned brew for next weekend...

AG Heatehr ale.. [bandit]

Archived