Coopers Community

Will this batch have to go down the sink?

PatrickP3

Hi.

I have been working on a pale ale but unfortentily a whole bunch of LDM/dex that didnt break down properly has ended up in the spigot and when doing gravity tests it all comes out into that. So im assuming if i try to bottle it it will all end up in the bottles.

Do you guys think i should risk it or just tip it down the sink?

Hi Patrick, your brew should be fine, you wont be able to calculate an exact alcohol% for your beer, because you would have had a false OG reading when you started. Always run off about 100ml or so, then draw your sample. You will find the first drawing will have more sediment in it.

Cheers,

Peter

It'll be safe as houses, it's just a bit of clumpy sugar [biggrin]

It'll sort itself out by settling then disolving.

If you think the spigot is full of crap pour a pint for the toilet.

I wouldnt chuck a brew down the sink unless it was green, hairy and smelling like cat pee and cabbage [biggrin]

To avoid furute LDM clumping, put all the dry fermentables into the FV, pour in 2 liters of water off the boil and swish(not stir) it around until its all disolved.

Voila! Works everytime.[biggrin]

How far along is the fermentation? Usually even the clumps of fermentable materials will be consumed by the yeast.

Tipping it out isn't even an option. Just give it 2 weeks in the fermentor (This really should be rule of thumb for all ales). All will be fine.

Tipping it out isn't even an option. Just give it 2 weeks in the fermentor (This really should be rule of thumb for all ales). All will be fine.

well sadi Muddy, as an almost purist Ale Brewer this is something I han whole heartedly agree with..

A normal ferment for an ale is 5 days to 1 week at 17-18 then slowly ramped up to 20'c from 7-14 days and then Cold Conditioned for 5-7 days, depending of course that all normal targets have been hit. Yeast can be funny sometimes [whistling

Yob

Archived