Coopers Community

Please help! Brew enhancer 2

Joe1525228150

Hey everyone, locally i just bought a coopers austrailian pale ale can, unfortunately they didnt sell brew enhancer 2. So the guy sold me 1 lb(454g) briess dried malt extract and 3 lb of corn sugar. He said mix whole bag of malt extract with 4 cups of corn sugar and i should be ok.. im sure its not a perfect recipe, but can i make good beer with it??? . Thanks! currently waiting anxiously for answers as im ready to make now!

I'm guessing that there is around 200g of Dextrose (corn sugar) in a cup. So your recipe would be:

Coopers Pale Ale

454g Dry Malt

800g Dextrose

It isn't the same mix as BE2 (50% Dex, 25% LDM & 25% Maltodextrin) but you can make beer with it.

You have around 64% Dex and 36% LDM. Personally I would prefer it the other way around. Or even better get another 454g (1 lb) of Dry malt and do the following:

Coopers Pale Ale

908g dry malt

200g Dextrose

But if you are ready and desperate to make beer now then just do it. The beer will still be drinkable, just not as good as it could have been.

In the end it comes down to your preference and you may even prefer the recipe the LHBS gave to you.

Hairy, Thanks for the quick reply!! I guess ill try it with what i have on hand, and hope for the best! I just wanted reassurance before i wait a month to find out if he knew what he was talking about lol. Maybe next batch ill try your recommended recipe! thanks again!

Maybe next batch ill try your recommended recipe!

Thats not my recommended recipe as such. It was just based on the ingredients you may have had on hand.

My recommeded recipe would include some specialty grains and lots of hops. That would make a vast difference to your beers.

Archived