Coopers Community

Oh no wheres the Coopers Yeast?? :( HELP

Jarvo_325

Its now 9:30pm and I just finished making a coopers pale ale with 250g Crystal Malt, 1kg LDM, 250g Dex, 30g Cascade Hops and 15g Goldings.

Just as I went to pitch the yeast and it wasn't there, I must have brought a can with no yeast?

OH NO, I just spent ages on this batch.

I had x2 5g Toohey's yeast in the cupboard. I threw in about 7g of that, there was nothing else I could do.

How will this turn out?

I'm really worried, I have been planning and looking forward to this brew for so long no I'm afraid its ruined.

Does anyone know about the Toooheys yeast?

what was the OG?

Never brewed a tooheys so wont comment on the yeast.. did you use Mr Malty to work out how much yeast you needed?

in all likelyhood it will be fine.. well unless it comes out tasing like tooheys [lol] [sick] [roll]

what was the OG?

Never brewed a tooheys so wont comment on the yeast.. did you use Mr Malty to work out how much yeast you needed?

in all likelyhood it will be fine.. well unless it comes out tasing like tooheys [lol] [sick] [roll]

OG 1040

Nah mate, I was counting on the yeast being under the lid and when it wasn't there I paniced. I thought I had to pitch a yeast ASAP and the tooheys is all I had at 9pm.

I havn't tried their home brew either, I hope it turns out.

Hey Jarvo, I've brewed using the Tooheys yeast before. It seems to be pretty similar to the regular under the lid yeast, reliable, is happy at higher temps, etc, but I've never used it with that much malty goodness. I reckon Bill was right about using both packets just in case.

It should be fine man.

Thats good to know, the only thing is I didn't use all the yeast from both packets I only used about 9g.

I actually contacted Coopers to let them know, and gave them the barcode number as it may have happened to others or I might have just been unluckey.

Its always a good idea to keep a few packets of yeast in the fridge, i always have a spare nottingham and a spare us-05 under the eggs for emergencys, at least that way you always have a reliable backup plan and pitching is only ever 30 mins away.

Just an update, its still in the FV but I think things are turning out ok at this stage, fingers crossed.

I contacted Coopers and they were great at rectifying the situation. They sent me out a few complimentary products as a way of apologising which I really appreciate.

No wonder they were the 2011 Worlds Top Family Business, Thanks Coopers.

Archived