Coopers Community

safe to cool beer quickly?

NiallL

... just finished my first batch and an sitting watching the footy' date=' can anyone tell me what will happen if i put a bottle in the freezer,...... [/quote']

Do you mean that you just finished bottling your first batch or you just finished bottle conditioning your first batch. I wouldn't be looking to chill one until it has been bottled for at least 2 weeks, it might be cold but it will still be flat.

Look at the way you wrote it just finished my first batch then wanted to know about putting one in freezer. Makes it look like your completely ...... in the head. The more information you can give the better otherwise its just hard reading. Oh yeah and with the bitterness time in the bottle will help that not less fermentation time did you take gravity readings and find out if the beer had finished or not?

U have given no information and asking little small questions thats not helping anyone to help you. Did you watch the dvd or do any research?

they have been on the shelf for 2+ weeks' date=' they seemed a little bitter for my taste,less fermentation time?[/quote']

That's [cool] Niall

I chilled one from my first batch, Lager with BE1, after two weeks bottled (it was my birthday). I reckoned it was just about the best thing I had tasted [love] , the joy of accomplishment and all that. If yours is the Lager you'll be happily polishing them off after 4 weeks [innocent] , I found mine was at its best at 6 weeks and didn't really improve after that. At 4 weeks I'd be putting as many as I can fit in the fridge and see how you go from there. Good luck with your next batch and don't forget to keep us updated via the Brewing Blether or Recipe Resource rooms.

Look at the way you wrote it >>>>

The rest seems a little bit too harsh to me [devil]

You may find the edit function useful in toning it down a bit [rightful]

No point really in discouraging postings here, then again your probably just off nightshift like me and say the first thing that pops into your head [innocent]

Just honesty he provided really no information was missleading at the best. I have been told same thing on occasion if he wants to cry about it up to him i suppose. Hard to help people who think were all mind readers

When we start out brewing & come to a forum like this, we want to join in the conversation, or ask a few questions ourselves.

Some of these questions may be worded a bit funny or may have been asked a hundred times.

Those of you that have been brewing &/or posting on this forum for ages may well roll your eyes or laugh at a stupid question, but if we don't have a mate nearby, we just ask a question on this open forum.

To get a nasty response is not called for & could turn a new brewer away who just wants to learn from all the experience & knowledge of guys on this forum, who in the majority, reply to such questions with tact & humor.

No need to be-little someone over a question like that.

Thats all. Keep brewing Niall! [happy]

Im glad we could all get this out of our system your right the same questions and badly asked questions have been done maby thousands of times. I should know better and just ignore them as they will keep coming happy brewing and nelson was right i also came of nightshift very wise man.

Archived