Coopers Community

My first kegging set

GrahamB8

good evening I'm after a bit more info on carbing and pour presures. So far I have over carbed my beer and, got it back to a drinkable carb level, But i would like a little more, i Find that my beer is going flat quickly.

my other question would be, after setting your pour presure (so far i have found 7 psi seems to be good ) Do you leave the gas turned on all the time or just turn it on when you are useing the keg???

Hi mate, I think you might want to have a read on balancing your system.

At 4\xb0c with 3m of 3/16 tubing at approx 10psi I have found a happy medium between my cream ale and my stout, they both pour good but the carb is mild in the ale which is better than my stout being too carbed.

Ive been leaving the kegs charged and they have been fine

good evening I'm after a bit more info on carbing and pour presures. So far I have over carbed my beer and, got it back to a drinkable carb level, But i would like a little more, i Find that my beer is going flat quickly.

my other question would be, after setting your pour presure (so far i have found 7 psi seems to be good ) Do you leave the gas turned on all the time or just turn it on when you are useing the keg???

Need more info. How did you carb your kegs last time?

What temp are you serving at and what are the measurements of your lines?

Even though 7PSI isn't wrong I would hazard a guess and say it is too slow. However, this depends on your system of course.

Give us more info so we can help you.

Archived