Coopers Community

Some quick Q's on pilsner Kit

JamesT18

Hello everyone!

I am new to the home brewing experiance so please excuse any silly quistions. Presently in bottles I have the coopers lager kit and in the fermentation bucket(coopers starter kit) i have a mexican cerveza. The both seem to be comming on nicely so far.[happy] My questions are about the next kit i plan to use the coopers pilsner kit.

Q1. When I bought the kit i also bought a 1kg bag os brewing sugar and 500g of muntons light spraymalt. However on reading the can it states the kits needs 500g of light dry malt. Have I purchased the wrong thing and will i be ok using the spraymalt?

Q2. I live in scotland as a student in a rather cold flat, my last two kits have been averaging about 18degC(pitching temp 22-23) will this be ok for the pilsner kit/ do u think the kits i have already started will be ok?(OG for lager 1034 and FG 1008.5)?

Thats the only real worries/questions i have at the moments. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Q2. I live in scotland as a student in a rather cold flat, my last two kits have been averaging about 18degC(pitching temp 22-23) will this be ok for the pilsner kit/ do u think the kits i have already started will be ok?(OG for lager 1034 and FG 1008.5)?

Those temps are perfect for Coopers Lager & Cerveza kit as you are using ale yeast in those.

The Pilsner however comes with a lager yeast so you will need to brew that one between 10-12 degrees.

Based on temperature in your flat I would just stick to brewing ales.

Archived