Coopers Community

Recomended fermenting temp list?

JasonB18

Allot of you have already brewed up most of the Coopers ingredient kits and know what fermenting temperatures worked best for each different kind of brew kit.

Lets use the Lager that comes with the Coopers DIY brew kit for a example. The instructions say ferment at 21-27C for about 6 days then bottle if the Final gravity readings are the same for 2 days in a row.

Reading the forum here, Some recommend fermenting this Lager kit at 18-21c , even lower temps than 18c on some threads.

Anyways I was thinking why not start a topic where all of you that have experience with these Coopers ingredient kits can let us new guys know what temps are best to ferment each kit at.

Maybe you can also let us know the gravity readings we should be close to for each kit.

Well if you have a good look at this site there are plenty of topics other newbs like you have started and all of these questions have been answered. There was a topic starter new DIY kit for christmas welcome where questions and answers about all this have already been done. So im asuming for you to come on here and suggest that u havent actually looked enough.

All Original series have ale yeast so can ferment high but recomended 18 to 20. Have a read of Frequently asked questions and Facts and get back to us later big site lots of info have a browse mate.

I have done searches looking for recommended fermenting temps, for every kit I have bought and ones I want to buy. I keep getting the same search results. I Search for fermenting temps on a Mexican Cherveza and I get results for Ales, Lagers and most the time people are using different yeasts or adding other things to their brew.

I am just using what comes with these kits, and would like to know the correct temps to ferment all of them at. It is not my fault that the instructions that come with these kits are wrong. And I know the brew temps are wrong in the instructions Because of All the reading I have done on this forum.

That's why I thought it would be nice to just make up a list of All the Coopers kits, So I and others can have easy access information from the more experienced brewers that have made these kits several times already.

Hey Jason

Check out this list of yeasts.

I assume at first you will just brew the basic kits with possibly some hops and later spec grains. Then by doing what Peter and Muddy say you will only need to worry about two temp settings.

As an aside to this I work with a long time Brewer who mainly brews the Draught Kit and his temps get as high as 27'C. He doesn't notice a difference between summer and winter brews. However last winter he started using the Pale Ale kit and was quite happy with the results. But once summer hit and his temps went up to 27'C his beer changed and he decided to switch back to Draught.

Archived