Coopers Community

Hops

Squishy

Provided you add it at about the same temp as your brew it would help. You don't want to add boiling water even though it wont make a big temp difference you need to keep the yeast happy. Nevertheless, your gravity (and ABV) will be differ because you will be adding more sugar to your brew.

I suggest boil a jug and fill a coffee plunger thingy and add your hops to that. Let it sit for half hour then cool and strain into your fermenter with minimal splashing and try not have the lid off for too long. It won't be the same but it will work nicely with your brew.

I now get $160 per month into my "beer account", as I try to Bulk But alot of my stuff now (ie 25kg sacks of grain - or DME) I often end up with a surplus of account funds at the end of the month. (due to not being able to use it all in a single month)

This I put toward (as was the case this morning) buying equipment such as a refractometer, yeast nutrient, ph equaliser etc etc etc..

I find that if you can seperate the funds (from the control of SWMBO/HWMBO)then you can do whatever the hell you want with it..

are you sure it's the budget she has a hold of and not something else? [lol]

Mate she holds them somewhere as well!!!![lol] [lol] [lol]

The biggest issue ATM is the fact that due to the water at home being full of Magnese i have to buy water to brew with..... Brewing gets a little expensive when you have to buy 15L of water for each brew

Archived