Coopers Community

Brewzilla

Posted (edited)

Guys using Brewzilla gen 4, I use Beersmith, I’m stuck on which mash profile to use, or should I create my own profile , there isn’t one in their profile list 

cheers

john

Edited by John304

9 minutes ago, John304 said:

Guys using Brewzilla gen 4, I use Beersmith, I’m stuck on which mash profile to use, or should I create my own profile , there isn’t one in their profile list 

cheers

john

When I used Beersmith, I just used the built-in profiles for the sake of doing all the calculations but created some in the RAPT portal, which I then sent to the BZ from there. I don't think you can synchronise the two. So if you want to brew a full-bodied beer, just pick the profile in Beersmith and then set up a RAPT profile that does the same. It took a little fiddling until I managed to get the steps right, like pausing the device while waiting for grain to be added for a mash or after mash-out, giving you time to drip dry the grain and sparge before heating up for a boil. 

Little tip for setting up profiles to program the BZ, there seems to be a bug in the firmware, causing the machine to remember the last temperature setting. Unless you expressly turn the heater off when you power the device on, it will immediately try to heat up to that temperature. All my RAPT profiles have a final step setting the target temperature to 3C, so it will never start heating unasked...at least not here in SEQ 🙂 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

When I used Beersmith, I just used the built-in profiles for the sake of doing all the calculations but created some in the RAPT portal, which I then sent to the BZ from there. I don't think you can synchronise the two. So if you want to brew a full-bodied beer, just pick the profile in Beersmith and then set up a RAPT profile that does the same. It took a little fiddling until I managed to get the steps right, like pausing the device while waiting for grain to be added for a mash or after mash-out, giving you time to drip dry the grain and sparge before heating up for a boil. 

Little tip for setting up profiles to program the BZ, there seems to be a bug in the firmware, causing the machine to remember the last temperature setting. Unless you expressly turn the heater off when you power the device on, it will immediately try to heat up to that temperature. All my RAPT profiles have a final step setting the target temperature to 3C, so it will never start heating unasked...at least not here in SEQ 🙂 

Thanks @Aussiekraut, I’ve just gone through all the registration ect, just have to get my head around the other stuff 🤪