Coopers Community

How long can you leave coopers sanitzier in Coopers PET bottles

Jarvo_325

Hey

I have a bit of time tonight and I want to start sanitizing my PET bottles. Having spare time is pretty rare for me with a young family.

However my brew is not quite done, I believe fermentation has all but ended today at Day 7 but I was planning to bottle it say Monday or Tuesday when I next have some time.

My question is will coopers sanitizer solution be ok left in the PET bottles for a few days if stores away from the light in a cool place?

Thanks

Sure! It eventually breaks down to oxygen (hydrogen peroxide intermmediate) and Soda Ash - just be aware that sealed bottles could be stressed a bit as the O2 is produced. So keep the caps slightly loose. [wink]

PB, recently organised a bulk buy of pure sodium perc, 85% hydrogen peroxide, 15% soda ash, is this what is mentioned above?

I have 25kg of the beutiful stuff

[love]

reason I ask is that Ive had a container of that in my brew cupboard fro a few years now and if it is the same stuff I can ust it and top up from my big bag... Be nice to know.

Cheers

Sure! It eventually breaks down to oxygen (hydrogen peroxide intermmediate) and Soda Ash - just be aware that sealed bottles could be stressed a bit as the O2 is produced. So keep the caps slightly loose. [wink]

Thanks PB2 for the advice!

Archived