Coopers Community

Funny Beer Bloopers?

Hi Folks,

just wondering if it would be a funny topic for home-brewers to admit to silly mistakes they've made?

I recently did the following, it's not that funny I guess, but it hopefully it might start the ball rolling with funny brewing tales:

I find the snap tap easier to take apart and put back together when it's in the OPEN position.  So after sanitising my tap, I attached it back to the FV  but unwittingly still in the OPEN position.

Then I added my carefully prepared 5 litres of "tea" consisting of Crystal Malt, DME, and Fuggle hops into the FV.

The tap was on the far side of the FV so I couldn't see it...and the FV was in my bathtub and wasn't level, so it was tilted towards the open tap.....no prizes for guessing what happened to my carefully prepared 5 litres of "tea" ;-(

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, The Brew That Is True said:

Hi Folks,

just wondering if it would be a funny topic for home-brewers to admit to silly mistakes they've made?

I recently did the following, it's not that funny I guess, but it hopefully it might start the ball rolling with funny brewing tales:

I find the snap tap easier to take apart and put back together when it's in the OPEN position.  So after sanitising my tap, I attached it back to the FV  but unwittingly still in the OPEN position.

Then I added my carefully prepared 5 litres of "tea" consisting of Crystal Malt, DME, and Fuggle hops into the FV.

The tap was on the far side of the FV so I couldn't see it...and the FV was in my bathtub and wasn't level, so it was tilted towards the open tap.....no prizes for guessing what happened to my carefully prepared 5 litres of "tea" ;-(

This has been going for a few years, some funny stories in there.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Brew That Is True said:

Hi Folks,

Well, that sucks hahaha

• Haha 2