Coopers Community

Newbie SG question

Coral

Hi I am complete newbie day 6 first batch just did my day 6 reading and it read at 10 SG ? is that normal I right I though it would be around the 30 SG still? I tasted it and it tasted like flat beer ! Am I on the right path? Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coral said:

Hi I am complete newbie day 6 first batch just did my day 6 reading and it read at 10 SG ? is that normal I right I though it would be around the 30 SG still? I tasted it and it tasted like flat beer ! Am I on the right path? Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

Yep your making beer it means that the yeast has done its job give it another 4 days to clear then test it again if it's the same its finished and you can bottle it

What was your OG when you put the brew down

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

Generally most of the fermentation is done near the start. Sometimes people post graphs of their fermentation from fancy in-fermenter hydrometers and it looks a bit like one side of a bell curve. You are on the right path.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Yep your making beer it means that the yeast has done its job give it another 4 days to clear then test it again if it's the same its finished and you can bottle it

What was your OG when you put the brew down

thank you so much it was 35 when ir put it down 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

1 hour ago, Coral said:

If you followed the instructions there is no problem so just let the fermentation run its natural course, 14 days in the fermenter would be a good start & once the hydrometer reading is steady for 2 consecutive days, you can bottle. 

It will always taste flat until it is carbonated, a good rule of thumb is about 14 days.

• Like 1