Coopers Community

Any Hydrom users out there - calibration issue

aussiewasp

Hi,

I have purchased a Hydrom from my old mates at Keg King and yesterday I set it up and calibrated it OK.

Today, started playing around with setting up with Brewfather service and as part of that I did a reset.

This time I am unable to calibrate it. Keep getting an out of tolerance error. Retried things many times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

• Like 1

Support just got back to me with the solution. The unit became recalibrated. In simple terms, do a calibration whilst the unit is lying perfectly horizontal. The unit understands this angle and kind of resets.

Calibrate as per normal after this.

It looks like your position sensor has decalibtsted. Here you will find a guide to calibrate: https://instruction.hydrom.io/calibration/attitude-sensor-calibration

• Like 2

Thanks @aussiewasp. I got one a week ago. I did not have a calibration issue on the first calibration, but this maybe helpful in the future if I ever do have a problem.

I updated the firmware first and then did the calibration. All went well. I installed and set up Brewblox on a Raspberry Pi 3b I had lying around and set it up and the Hydrom wifi to it on my internal network. I configured Brewblox and set the Hydrom update time to only two minutes to have a play with it outside a brew to see how it worked. It all recorded well. Just over 5 days into using it in the first actual brew and all is working well. Good luck with it. My graphs below.

graph 7.jpeg

graph 8.jpeg

Edited by Back2Brewing

12 hours ago, Back2Brewing said:

Thanks @aussiewasp. I got one a week ago. I did not have a calibration issue on the first calibration, but this maybe helpful in the future if I ever do have a problem.

I updated the firmware first and then did the calibration. All went well. I installed and set up Brewblox on a Raspberry Pi 3b I had lying around and set it up and the Hydrom wifi to it on my internal network. I configured Brewblox and set the Hydrom update time to only two minutes to have a play with it outside a brew to see how it worked. It all recorded well. Just over 5 days into using it in the first actual brew and all is working well. Good luck with it. My graphs below.

graph 7.jpeg

graph 8.jpeg

Yes, its worth remembering that link.

I have configured using Ubidots.Screenshot2023-08-23at8_04_45am.thumb.png.ec2492b4583e4d7ec4f612a5e3b19ec1.png

• Like 1

Nice dashboard. Is that an online cloud service, or can it be hosted inside your own network?

I know there are a lot of different services/options (open source and paid) but I want to do it all internally. When I get time I’ll look to building my own/modifying an open source project that uses Mosquito, NodeRed, InfluxDB and Graphana. Happy to see you are up and running ✅

• 2 weeks later...

Thats no good. So "sync" is not really what you are trying to do here. On initial Hydrom switch on, after about 30 sec's, the Hydrom will turn on its wifi transmitter in Wireless access point (AP) mode. i.e. Broadcasting its own SSID like your home router or other WiFi hot spot. You should be able to see this ID pop up in the wireless settings of your computer or phone under wifi settings, available networks. Make sure the hydrom is not sitting upright on its cap, else I believe this puts it into deep sleep. When you see the hydroms network ID in your phone/computers wifi list, you can select it to connect your device to the hydrom access point. Note you wont need a password to connect to it. Once connected to the hydroms AP, open a web browser on you phone, and type in the hyroms default AP IP address in your browser (it's in the manual) and hit enter. You should then be able to see and navigate the web page being served by the hydrom on your device.  The instructions then advise how you go about changing the hydrom settings and hooking it up to your own network router. (or just leave it as its own access point.)

On 9/1/2023 at 10:47 PM, Back2Brewing said:

Thats no good. So "sync" is not really what you are trying to do here. On initial Hydrom switch on, after about 30 sec's, the Hydrom will turn on its wifi transmitter in Wireless access point (AP) mode. i.e. Broadcasting its own SSID like your home router or other WiFi hot spot. You should be able to see this ID pop up in the wireless settings of your computer or phone under wifi settings, available networks. Make sure the hydrom is not sitting upright on its cap, else I believe this puts it into deep sleep. When you see the hydroms network ID in your phone/computers wifi list, you can select it to connect your device to the hydrom access point. Note you wont need a password to connect to it. Once connected to the hydroms AP, open a web browser on you phone, and type in the hyroms default AP IP address in your browser (it's in the manual) and hit enter. You should then be able to see and navigate the web page being served by the hydrom on your device.  The instructions then advise how you go about changing the hydrom settings and hooking it up to your own network router. (or just leave it as its own access point.)

@Back2BrewingThanks for that, brew is already fermenting but I will give it another go with the next brew. 👍

• Thanks 1