Coopers Community

Bewitched Amber Ale stout base

Has anyone made one or more of the stouts that use the Bewitched Amber Ale as the base? If yes, how did it turn out?

I am considering brewing a series of stouts leading up to a Chocolate, Caramel, Peanut Butter, Double Milk Stout inspired by Working Title Brewing Co.'s Take Five clone. There are a number of recipes using the Bewitched Amber Ale can in the Recipe section that I would use as a guide.

Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations?

12 hours ago, Kegory said:

Has anyone made one or more of the stouts that use the Bewitched Amber Ale as the base? If yes, how did it turn out?

I am considering brewing a series of stouts leading up to a Chocolate, Caramel, Peanut Butter, Double Milk Stout inspired by Working Title Brewing Co.'s Take Five clone. There are a number of recipes using the Bewitched Amber Ale can in the Recipe section that I would use as a guide.

Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations?

I have not used the Bewitched Amber Ale in any of the Stout recipes.  However, I think it would go very well in the beer you have in mind.  Any stout is largely Pale Malt of some sort.  The colour, roastiness, chocolate and coffee come from specialty malts.  The Bewitched will have plenty of Pale Malt in it.  Plus it will help provide the caramel notes in the recipe.  The trick will be getting the right combo of specialty malts and other flavours.

• Thanks 1