Coopers Community

Thinking of buying Thomas Coopers Sparkling ale kit

This probably won't help but this is the suggested recipe for Cooper's Red.

I have just finished off a carton of Sparkling Ale long necks (needed to add these bottles to my stockplile) and have just brewed Dr Smurto's Golden Ale using the Sparkling Ale kit. It's still carbing and I don't try them until one month in the bottle, but it is supposed to be one of the best kit brews going around. I'll be able to tell you how it tastes in a month but until then there is only one way for you to find out Wayne. [wink]

This probably won't help but this is the suggested recipe for Cooper's Red.

I have just finished off a carton of Sparkling Ale long necks (needed to add these bottles to my stockplile) and have just brewed Dr Smurto's Golden Ale using the Sparkling Ale kit. It's still carbing and I don't try them until one month in the bottle, but it is supposed to be one of the best kit brews going around. I'll be able to tell you how it tastes in a month but until then there is only one way to find for you to fing out Wayne. [wink]

Will check that link out and cheers please let me know how it goes I am buying a carton of Sparkling ale for new years hehe plus to add to my stock pile of bottles as i want more glass bottles so i can age a nice vintage down the track

....please let me know how it goes .......

Will do

I am buying a carton of Sparkling ale for new years hehe .......

Me too, even though more than two long necks makes my head a bit heavy in the morning, but as I said to SWMBO I need a full set for each Brew.

Cheers and Merry Xmas

....please let me know how it goes .......

Will do

I am buying a carton of Sparkling ale for new years hehe .......

Me too, even though more than two long necks makes my head a bit heavy in the morning, but as I said to SWMBO I need a full set for each Brew.

Cheers and Merry Xmas

LOL yeah i often find the next day after a big night on the sparkling ale i am still pissed haha its good stuff :)

Just realised that there a few variations of Dr Smurto's GA. I didn't make the one in the link, I did this:

Coopers Sparkling Ale 1.7 kg

Coopers Light Malt Extract 1.5kg

Medium Crystal 250g

- steeped at 65'C for 30 minutes

Light Dry Malt 100g

Amarillo hop pellets 50g

15g @ 15 minutes

15g @ 5 minutes

20g & Dry Hop form day 0

@15 minutes

OG 1.046 FG 1.010

Fermented at between 18 & 20'C

ABV = 5.3% (spreadsheet = 4.9%)

IBU = 30.9

Now I'm getting thirsty.

Just realised that there a few variations of Dr Smurto's GA. I didn't make the one in the link, I did this:

Coopers Sparkling Ale 1.7 kg

Coopers Light Malt Extract 1.5kg

Medium Crystal 250g

- steeped at 65'C for 30 minutes

Light Dry Malt 100g

Amarillo hop pellets 50g

@ 15 minutes

@ 5 minutes

& Dry Hop form day 0

@15 minutes

OG 1.046 FG 1.010

ABV = 5.3% (spreadsheet = 4.9%)

IBU = 30.9

Now I'm getting thirsty.

I bookmarked this thread for future reference thanks for the info :)

Does the Thomas Coopers Sparling ale kit taste anything like the original sparkling ale as I am thinking of buying this kit this week as coopers sparkling is my favourite beer of all time!

It's not exactly the same but pretty close. Ditch the kit yeast and reuse coopers yeast from 2 or 3 Sparkling bottles.

The last time I did a Sparkling I also dry hopped with a bit of citra. Turned out a real nice drop [love]

Does the Thomas Coopers Sparling ale kit taste anything like the original sparkling ale as I am thinking of buying this kit this week as coopers sparkling is my favourite beer of all time!

It's not exactly the same but pretty close. Ditch the kit yeast and reuse coopers yeast from 2 or 3 Sparkling bottles.

The last time I did a Sparkling I also dry hopped with a bit of citra. Turned out a real nice drop [love]

Might give that a shot, I read the post about reactivating the yeast not sure yet how to do it will have to give it a try and is that the sediment in sparkling ale?

Wayne, I did this to the Coopers recipe with recultured Pale Ale yeast & it is very close to the original.

Cheers,

Peter

Wayne, I did this to the Coopers recipe with recultured Pale Ale yeast & it is very close to the original.

Cheers,

Peter

Sounds good I love sparkling ale and i mean absolutely love it hehehe Just need to learn about harvesting yeast from beer and re activating it was reading the thread on how to do it sounds easy enough. have to try and see how successful

Archived