Coopers Community

Aroma Hops

Snags

Hi Snags

That question is too generic for a suitable answer. You really need to know what ingredients are used and how the beer was brewed and what the storage conditions are to be able to provide what would only be a guess. Too many factors are at play here sorry.

Well, it was supposed to be a general question. . .

I've heard people say that after 6 months in the bottle, the aroma hops in their beer can be all but gone.

Obviously, this time will vary, but I thought there still might be an 'average' time (6 months, 12 months?), as I don't see that using different ingredients or the way it's brewed would make a 'huge' difference. . .I mean, either the aroma stays, or it goes. .

Basically, I want to know how to keep the aroma for longer, if there is a way?. . .ie, will a short boil add to the longevity, or is it just one of those things that disappears with aging?

I thought it was a simple question.

if there is a way?

simple answer. No. As Bill has kindly pointed out, there are too many variables, how much aroma hops? What type? How long are you intending to store? what temps? what were the ingredients in the brew?

Beer is all about a balance, many things can offset this.

Drink quicker if you are worried about it

Fair enough then.

Thanks Bill and Yob for your responses.

I want to throw a few bottles of each brew away for a year or two, just to see how they age. Just don't want to lose the nice nose of the brew as it adds something special I think.

I'm not worried about it anyway, I was just curious I suppose. . .[pinched]

Archived