Coopers Community

Not bottling all at once?

Freestyler

Hi guys,

I have a question. I bought a 9L keg which gives me one keg and one case out of each batch which is fine.

My question is my batch was ready to keg/bottle so off I went and filled the keg with 9L before I realised that I had lent my capper to a mate and wasn't able to collect it. I then went away for the weekend so its been three days now with only half the batch in the FV. Nothing has been touched or moved but will the extra oxygen in the FV cause the brew to go off? There are a few white spots on the surface but nothing major considering there is normally some spots on the surface when I brew. The smell seems a bit strong but not pungent or anything.

Am I ok to go and bottle or save myself time and energy and toss the batch? I would obviously rather not as my stocks could do with another 14 quarts the way they're getting shared out.

Thanks guys.

I'd bottle it mate. Chances are slim it has been oxygenated. However, chances have obviously increased more than what would be normal. Bottle it as usual and I reckon it will be fine.

I certainly wouldn't throw it out.

Archived