Coopers Community

ANZAC Ale

Sotally Tober

Morning All

Ok so... I'm not particularly worried just more checking that all is going right with my ANZAC Ale. So I followed the recipe to the letter (minus the 50g of roasted malt).

Its been in the FV for 5 days OG was 1040 sitting around 1012 now and temp is 22degrees. As this is my first brew with hops in it I just want to be sure that its doing what is intended [cool].

Its still quite cloudy, however tastes great [love] the Krausen (is that how you spell it??) has finally died down and colour is fantastic nice copper colour.

Now my questions... Is a brew using hops generally a lot more cloudy than a regular brew? Also does the ANZAC Ale take a bit longer to ferment?

Thanks Heaps

Clay

Hi Clayton - Everything sounds good to me. From your description it sounds like your ale has fermented at what I would consider a normal rate. As for cloudiness - I guess residual hop matter could increase that slightly. It'd be best to get the temp down a couple of degrees but 22C isn't worth stressing about too much.

Give it another week or so and it should clear up nicely and be ready for bottling.

It's too early yet to see if it will be cloudy or not as yeast is still working their backsides off.

Wait until it has finished and settled before assessing how cloudy it is. Evey thing seems to be as it should so no need to worry.

Archived