Coopers Community

Cider Ideas

Stewie Rivers

I made the brig cider a few weeks back and I highly recommend it, I used just plain white sugar and it turned out great

I was told by my local home brew shop to put the brig cider with the black rock cider with 1 kg sugar, so thats the next one i try

Good luck with it

I make alot of ciders but i use either orchard fruit Apple/Pear cold press no preserv no sugar supermarket apple or reconstituted juice no preserv no sugar and i find alot of yeasts work well with the cider. dditions i have made recently 250g of strwberries to 4.5 litres. stick of cinnamon and a cap i real vanilla essence to an apple. Have just bottle a grape brew that had 200grams of dextrose in it and used a lager yeast, tasted morish.. You can brew cider straight in the 2 litre bottles etc with just the caps loosened off. I always have 5 litre jugs of it on the go. Lemme know if you want to see a couple of my vids on it.

Will be interested to hear how this Brigalow cider kit turns out. I have got the Coopers lager brewing at the moment which will be done in a few days, and thinking of making this next.

I think the easiest and fastest way to make cider is to buy 'Oztops' for $25 and you just add yeast to a bottle of juice and stick the oztop on, in 3 days it is ready. But im not sure how it would taste compared to brewing in a proper kit.

Hi guys, I put down 2 brigalow ciders with 1kg dextrose a few weeks ago, have done the same way before with pleasing results[biggrin] [happy] just remember that it really benefits from some age, first time I made it it tasted OK after a month but after about 3-5 months it was much better. Just in time for summer me thinks. I have also added a 2 litre apple juice which was worth doing, sweetened it up a bit, without it is more of a dry cider, which may suit you anyway. If you put juice in it should be preservative free or can mess with fermentation.[pinched] good luck with it![joyful]

Archived