Coopers Community

Finally...back brewing

ChrisMack

Its been too long since I put a brew down (after the events of Feb 22 here in Chch) Finally I got back into it today - well actually I put down a ginger beer (non-alcoholic) for the other half last week - but that doesnt count really does it....

So back in the saddle and my first brew of choice was the standard "Coopers Stout" (local store had them on special at $12 each, just used standard Coopers brewing sugar....but added a little twist to the brew (taking inspiration from one of the recipes on this site)

I added a few teaspoons of ground cinnamon to the brew hoping it would just take a little bit of the edge off the Stout-ness...

Next up will be the in-famous "Blushing Blonde" that bit the ground on the last attempt....now let the waiting game commence...

bubble.......bubble........bubble.... [biggrin]

Chris

Welcome back Chris. I hope all is well with you and the loved ones.... it sounds like you have sorted yourself out from the crap you had. Sometimes the world is an evil place but as long as you keep your chin high then you will be fine.

To tell you the truth, I have never thought about adding cinnamon to a stout.... I reckon that would be beaut!! [love] I will certainly have to give it a go after the next stout I do.

Archived