Coopers Community

Cracked my first!

Cracked open my first home brewed beer tonight and amazingly....it tastes great! It's Coopers IPA and has a really nice taste, but I can already see areas where I would like to improve upon the final product, but all in all, a success!

Now that I see the result to the labor I want to do more and more!!

Yep, well done Mike. I am sure you appreciate it more now than the bottle shop as it is something you created yourself and you can see your achievements.

lol she's all down hill from here now. It sounds like you're hooked [biggrin]

Until a few dodgy brews get made then the smiley face starts to frown. But that said, I made a Black Rock IPA that after a month tasted like sour pineapples. I decided it was going on the back lawn for fertilizer. It sat in the direct sun, the wind and the rain for 3 weeks before I was going to uncap them. I decided to put a few in fridge. I opened 1,, then 2 then 3 last night. It is quite a good drop now strangely enough. Considering how bad it was after the 1st month. Go Figure.

Good show! I like the Coopers IPA a lot, it's my current everyday beer.

Before I made it, I had read a review that mentioned that it wasn't as hoppy as it could be, so I dryhopped it with 1/4 or 1/2 oz (7.09 or 14.18 gr for you metricphiles) of Willamette pellets and got 6 US gallons of very nice hoppy IPA.

Do tell, what's your next one going to be?

Good show! I like the Coopers IPA a lot, it's my current everyday beer.

Before I made it, I had read a review that mentioned that it wasn't as hoppy as it could be, so I dryhopped it with 1/4 or 1/2 oz (7.09 or 14.18 gr for you metricphiles) of Willamette pellets and got 6 US gallons of very nice hoppy IPA.

Do tell, what's your next one going to be?

I agree it's not as hoppy as it could be. Im used to these new craft brewed IPA's that make you pucker with every swallow. This reminds me more of a good Newcastle Brown Ale, which in it's own right is a righteous beer. However, I'd already decided that when I make the IPA again it's getting some extra hops in it.

Im starting an Irish Stout this weekend. I have the Coopers kit with some Brew Enhancer 2 and a nice Irish Stout yeast I found at ma local brew shop http://www.wyeastlab.com/hb_yeaststrain_detail.cfm?ID=6

we'll see how it all turns out[biggrin]

Archived