Coopers Community

Mini Kegs

Davidt15

http://www.minikeg.net.au/

Has anyone used these mini kegs before?. I was thinking about trying one or two and bottling the rest.

Please ignore my ignorance as I am new to this. But if I used a keg system that carbonates for me, does that mean I could drink after just a week or two in the kegs?

Do commercial breweries not knock them out fast?. Using pressure filling with carb?

Thanks Dave

ok ignore the last post. Reading now I see the CO2 is only for dispensing you still need to prime. Duh!

So back to my second question... re the systems around that carb and dispense. Do they need time to mature or are you just using the extra time to prime?

hey David I'm pretty new to homebrewing myself but have been reading a fair bit and talkin to whoever I can but in regards to the mini kegs thats the first time I've seen them but they seem like a good idea especially if you don't have a fridge for bigger kegs. I use the 19lt post mix kegs and find it so much easier than bottling.

and yes you can just use CO2 to carbonate your kegs and depending on which method you use you can be drinking it within a day.

hope this is helpful Jarrod

Bill have you ever made one of those DIY garden sprayer kegs? I have seen pictures and insturcutions but have never found anyone who has made one themself to date.

I have been looking for an alternate to bottles

Bill have you ever made one of those DIY garden sprayer kegs? I have seen pictures and insturcutions but have never found anyone who has made one themself to date.

I have been looking for an alternate to bottles

No I haven't as I don't have the need for one. If I want to go to a party I pack the eski as a jockey box and take either a 9L or 19L keg.

Archived