Coopers Community

My first infected bottle

scottb12

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Easter and celebrated with a bottle or 2. I opened a bottle of os lager on Saturday and noticed it was really cloudy. I poured half into my pint glass, put the bottle back in the fridge with the lid on then had a drink. It had a slight sweet taste [crying] (not a bad taste)but definitely didn't taste like the other bottles from this brew. I grabbed the bottle out of the fridge to tip out and noticed there was heaps of froth and alot of sediment in the bottom. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Cheers

This might be the case for you as you only had one bottle like it. For me I have no idea because the whole batch was like it.

Just looking at the notes, FG was 1008, was primed with 2 carb drops per longneck.

It was also left another week to clear up. I have no idea what the issue was, I just put it down to me not liking the lager kit.

I may have to give it another go.

Sorry Bill, I thought you were Scott for a moment.

I think you're right Bill as I do remember there been quite a bit of sediment in the bottle. All the other bottles have been delicious. I'd give it another go Matty, I brew this lager quite a bit and love it.

Archived