Coopers Community

Hi guys - need some advice.

ChristinaS

I just found 2 6 packs of pale ale in our laundry cupboard that were a bit dusty and have alot of floaty stuff in it (sorry I'm a vodka drinker mostly I don't know much about beer lol) and the date says 'best after 12 may 2009. - would it be safe to drink the bottles now? Or is it way too past the expiry date? I don't want to get sick.

• 4 weeks later...
I just found 2 6 packs of pale ale in our laundry cupboard that were a bit dusty and have alot of floaty stuff in it (sorry I'm a vodka drinker mostly I don't know much about beer lol) and the date says 'best after 12 may 2009. - would it be safe to drink the bottles now? Or is it way too past the expiry date? I don't want to get sick.

They should be good, in fact they should be awesome now! [biggrin]

Hi Christina.

If it says "Best After" then they should be fine. Is there a date that says "Best Before"? Cos that would say that it may not be at it's best, but should be drinkable.

Stephen, if you have a brewing question come on over to the brewing pages, you're more likely to get an answer there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are a Vodka drinker... You better send them to me urgently. Im will pay for the postage also.Once I have drank them I will report back to you the results of my tasting experience. Cheers to the God of all beers COOPERS[happy]

Archived