Coopers Community

I'm Back......Kinda

ChrisMack

Hey guys,

Been a long time - well just on two months to be exact! After the tragic Christchurch earthquake I made the decision to leave my home due to some exterior damage (damaged roof and walls)while the bigger aftershocks continued on - they seem to have dropped away quite rapidly (dunno if thats good or bad) Anyway I have now moved back home - the roof has been effectively "patched" enough but will require further attention. Ironic that the very moment I pulled up the driveway - we had the biggest aftershock in some time (5.3) made me think - do I really want to be back here? [pinched]

Sadly I havent got a brew kit at the moment - as written about it bit the dust in the quake, so I dont have anything on the go. But hope to get up and running again in the very near future.....

Big thanks to those who sent PM's and Emails of support - they really were appreciated, and I raise my glass (homebrew of course) to you all.

Lookin forward to gettin back into things and reading through the insiteful and humorous posts right here....

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome back Chris & all the best to you & your fellow Christchurchions as you rebuild your lives mate.

Its a beautiful old city , Wife & I enjoyed staying there some 10 yrs ago.

Great idea to get back into your brewing , that would be a pinnacle part of my recovery therapy.

Damo

Glad you & yours are ok,Chris. I was surprised when I read about it on msnbc.com (my homepage & 1st read of the day). I can't remember y'all gettin Cali style events down there! It always worries me,since my daughter is a head chef in Hollywood. Hope you get your life back together soon,m8.

Welcome back Chris.

We did a fundraiser here for Christchurch and I made the mistake by asking which religion was it for? (Christ Church).....[whistling Anyway I was half asleep at the time from a gut full the night before and only heard half the conversation. I did feel like a twit at the time though.

Good to see you back.

Cheers

Welcome back Chris & all the best to you & your fellow Christchurchions as you rebuild your lives mate.

Its a beautiful old city , Wife & I enjoyed staying there some 10 yrs ago.

Great idea to get back into your brewing , that would be a pinnacle part of my recovery therapy.

Damo

Hey thanks guys for your posts of support and friendliness, thats a great thing about this place...everyone just gets along!

Damo....please make sure you hold on to those memories, as Christchurch is a very different place now - alot of those old buildings are gone, and still more to come down! Every day on mt trip to work I witness another empty block where a shop/business/house used to stand.

The very central of the city is still cordoned off - but my brief view up Columbo st as I cross it looks terrible and is just heaps of piles of rubble.

We are holding strong here - but every shake and shudder wears you further down, we have had reports from geotech guys that we could be in for what they call a "long-tail"....thats ten more years of raised seismic activity - oh joy! Better grab another home-brew to calm the nerves eh!

Once again guys thanks for the posts - I'll keep you guys informed of when the brewing process kicks off again - no doubt that will be another run of "10 quick questions" [biggrin]

Chris

Archived