Coopers Community

scotch ale fg

benken25

I have a fv with coopers scotch ale to the recipe it has been brewing away for 12days i checked the fg twice over the weekend both times it 1020 the og was 1070 the temp has been a stable 20'c the whole time i used an english ale yeast should i bottle or use another yeast.

thanks for the help

I just checked it im water it sits 1002 or so its slightly out to would that make up for that big of a difference this is the first brew i have had to this. how did the scotch ale turn out i am excited about this brew after reading about it in beer and brewer

I got 1057 - 1010.

Did you use re-cultured commercial yeast?

I have had to rescue a couple of brews where I used re-cultured pale ale yeast with dry yeast as I must have under pitched and the FG was way too high.

Dan

The scotch ale turns out great Benken [love] I had a bottle last weekend and at the 7 month mark it is ageing very nicely indeed.

As for the re-cultured yeast, I have also had the odd one die in the arse before the work was done. I tend to use the dregs of a minimum of 6 stubbies of the freshest Pale Ale I can find to make sure it has a fighting chance.

Archived