Coopers Community

Blonde question

Sirkillalot

You can also use muslin or I use a stock bag I bought at Thai town in Sydney (any asian grocer should have them).

The good thing about the chux is you don't have to sanitise them if they are fresh out the pack and you can just throw them away at the end of your brew with all the hop sludge inside.

Hey guys I bottled a blushing blonde today' date=' and I'm getting what I think is some off smells. Has anyone found this? Taste wise its a bit bitter sweet.[/quote']

I also bottled a blushing blonde on Sunday! My 5th to date. I split the brew between two 15Lt FV and use different berries in each.

This is a great brew for the non beer lovers.

I bottle in clear glass (Corona, Sol, Cantina) and it looks "very pretty". I present it as an alternative to RTD's (Cruisers, Breezers, etc), lower alcohol, natural fruit, no added flavours or preservatives.... Very popular with the girls at my fortnightly poker game [love]

Rasberries, Blueberries and Cranberries produce a tartness (perhaps the "bitter" in your "bitter/sweet".

"Off smells" is not descriptive enough: rotten eggs, cabbage, vinegar, sulphur are all terms used to describe aromas in beer that has had "problems". Check out http://www.howtobrew.com/section4/chapter21-1.html for advice AND reassurance.

Many perceived "off" flavours and aromas are "scrubbed" out during secondary fermentation in the bottle..

Also, I find the Blushing blonde takes a little longer to condition.

Archived