Coopers Community

kaffir lime and lemon grass

benken25

I am looking at brewing a batch of Coopers Mexican Cervesa this weeking the recipe i was planing on is a bit different

1 can coopers mexican cervesa

500g light dry matt

500g dry wheat malt

30g cascade hope 5min boil

i was also looking at adding some kaffir lime leaves and some lemon grass i have heard that they can be overpowering how much would be a good amount to use and should i boil them with the hops or just throw them in and see what happens

• 3 weeks later...

hey muddy had my first bottle tonight its not a bad drop for being so yound the cascade hops stand out i think they are overpowering the lemon grass and kaffir lime i only used a couple of leaves of each i will use move next time but its a good start[ninja]

hey muddy had my first bottle tonight its not a bad drop for being so yound the cascade hops stand out i think they are overpowering the lemon grass and kaffir lime i only used a couple of leaves of each i will use move next time but its a good start[ninja]

I was just thinking,replace the Cascade with Kent Golding (the US grown one anyway)has a definite lemon grass flavor & aroma,besides that floral nectar thing. That might just accent the lemon grass. I noticed that when I used it in my pale ale. Nice!

Archived