Coopers Community

Coopers Pilsner with US05?

AussieJosh

Gday Paul

Am thinking of putting a Pilsner down. I know it comes with a lager yeast, but because im crap and i dont have good ferment control i was thinking of using another yeast.I have a wine celler and the fermenter sits at a steady 22c even when its 40+ outside. So would it be ok to use a US05? or are you able to sugest another yeast that would be better?

Cheers!

Mr Josh.

p.s will be getting a ferment fridge it about 3 weeks when i get a new keg fridge.

Ok we blew the kegs dry yesterday so now i will be using my current kegging fridge as a fermenting fridge for the mo.....Tomorrow i will be putting down a AG LCPA style beer and also the Coopers pilsner.

Paul i remember you saying you had a timer for your fermenting fridge to automaticly turn it on and off? Do you know were i could pic me self up one of these? How much are they about?

Thankyou Paul!

I dont consider any coasts assosiated with home brewing as being out of pocket, when you consider how much it is to buy a carton of beer we can make 23L of it at a fraction of the price!

Just one more thing while i am here hasseling you! [biggrin]

With this pils i am making it mid stregth just using 500g LDM, I was thinking of boiling up about 15g of sazz for 10 mins and adding the liquid when im topping up the fermenter and maybe dry hopping it with another 15g of sazz after day 5. Do you think its worth dry hopping it? or would you just dry hop it?

sorry for being a pain in the butt! [lol]

Cheers!

First BIAB went well! I bottled it so i could give some to friends. i have not drank one yet its only been a week, but the sample tasted nice! Was a basic Barrett Burston Ale Malt, Por at 60min Sazz at 20min and us05, should turn out to be a good drinking beer i hope!

Tomorrow im turning it up a notch!

Ale malt, Munich Malt, Carpils malt,wheat malt, east kent goldings,chin - hook [biggrin] and Cascade!

will turn out really well or ill just end up making a BIG MESS! [lol]

Doing that along with the Coopers Pils so i can fill up two of my kegs and have two beers on tap at one time! Still need to get me self another fermenter tomorrow aswell.

I gotta find me self a friend who does Ag on a bigger scale so i can see how its done properly.

Still i dont think ill give up the cans! its so easy! and not to mention quick! I think everytime i have my AG mash going i have plenty of time to whip up a good coopers kit and add some finishing hops! making sure i get two kegs filled [biggrin]

Archived