Coopers Community

Thomas Coopers Brew A IPA

The unseasonably cool weather lately down South of Adelaide has given me unexpected opportunities to do some brews I would not expect to be able to do this time of year.  

One of them was another mod' TC IPA-A. I really liked the subtle flavor of the orig' recipe, but I wanted just a bit more, so I thought I'd only hop this one up a bit.

Ingredients:

1 x Thomas Coopers Brew A IPA x 1.7kg

1.55 KG  LDME

30gm Centennial pellet hops

30gm Citra pellet hops

Safale US-05 11g yeast 

5gm yeast nutrient 

15min boil of 10gm Centennial & 10gm Citra, 1min boil of 10gm Centennial & 10gm Citra in LDME and water, and 10gm of Centennial and 10gm of Citra for a light dry hop. (four days)

Made to 23 ltrs. OG before yeast pitch was 1.052 on hydrometer test. FG was 1.015

Brewed at 19-20.5 deg' C.

It smelled and tasted of tropical fruit, but the taste and aromas were not over the top. It seems to be where I wanted it to be. We'll see how it is after a few weeks in bottles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Put down another Mod TC IPA - A this afternoon. Needed some stock and did not have a lot of time,  and this one is always good as per the recipe. And it's easy and quick todo all in the FV. Just add a bit of dry hop jazz.

Ingredients:

1. 1 x Thomas Coopers Brew A IPA x 1.7kg
  2. 1 x 1.5Kg LDME
  3. 25gm Galaxy pellet hops (dry hop) 
  4. 25gm  Mosaic pellet hops (dry hop)
  5. Safale US-05 11g yeast 

All mixed in fermenter 

Set hanging "Hop Grenade". Love the smell of mixed Mosaic and Galaxy hops 🥰

Pitched yeast (sprinkled on top) 1550hrs. Brew temp 20 deg. C.

Wrapped the FV. Set heat pad and belt. Set inkbird to 18.1 deg. C with 0.3 offset.

IMG_8916.jpeg

• Like 3