Coopers Community

Mr Tim McNamara

Troppotim

16 minutes ago, Troppotim said:

I brewed the Coopers Irish Stout and want to do it again but improve the Head Retention.

Do I just add another drop, 3 instead of 2?

thanks

Tim

Hi @Troppotim Welcome to our great forum, if you add another carb drop all that will do is over-carb the beer but in fact you would get more life out of the brew.

If you list your recipe, it would be easier to help you, I imagine you added a Brew Enhancer #3.

Liquid Malt Extract (LME) or Light/Amber/Dark (DME) is what helps body, mouth feel & head retention.

So let us know what you have done so far.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hi @Troppotim Welcome to our great forum, if you add another carb drop all that will do is over-carb the beer but in fact you would get more life out of the brew.

If you list your recipe, it would be easier to help you, I imagine you added a Brew Enhancer #3.

Liquid Malt Extract (LME) or Light/Amber/Dark (DME) is what helps body, mouth feel & head retention.

So let us know what you have done so far.

Cheers

Phil

I should say add adding to many carb drops (I assume you are using longnecks if you used 2) the other most important thing is you will create beer bombs & that is very dangerous particularly if they are glass.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1