Coopers Community

Re using yeast slurry

Maximus

I am just about to bottle up a batch of coopers Canadian blonde . Then on the same day mix a batch of coopers lager and I’m wondering if I can add the slurry from my Canadian blonde into the lager batch . And if so do I still use the 7g satchel that comes with the lager can . Both brews use an R007 yeast satchel

38 minutes ago, Maximus said:

I am just about to bottle up a batch of coopers Canadian blonde . Then on the same day mix a batch of coopers lager and I’m wondering if I can add the slurry from my Canadian blonde into the lager batch . And if so do I still use the 7g satchel that comes with the lager can . Both brews use an R007 yeast satchel

IMO you need two packs of dry yeast to give you an optimal fermentation. The whole yeast slurry would be something like 50gm of dry yeast or more. I'd use a quarter or a third of the slurry and it would be plenty!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've done that years ago.  I used about 1/4 of a cup from memory. That way I always have a couple of spare sachets of Yeast handy.

From memory I added about a teaspoon of sugar a few hours before pitching. But malt would be better I guess.