Coopers Community

COOLER 2

weggl

One is a 20 L Jerry can the other a 25 Pail. The pail has the towel draped into the top of the lid and water added to the lid.

The Jerry can just has some water sprayed on it from time to time.

Both of these are running around 23C, they would nun cooler if a fan was blowing on them. A fan will dry the towels quicker so the water would need to be replaced more offen.

Warren

I haven't got room - I've got my fridge in borrowed space as our apartment is only slightly bigger than the fridge.

It certainly makes things easier when you don't have to worry about temp....

p1020336s.jpg

Bloody hell...posting photos of my fridge - next thing I'll be filming my beer pours [tongue]

I haven't got room - I've got my fridge in borrowed space as our apartment is only slightly bigger than the fridge.

It certainly makes things easier when you don't have to worry about temp....

p1020336s.jpg

Bloody hell...posting photos of my fridge - next thing I'll be filming my beer pours [tongue]

Hahas gives me something to do while im not brewing [lol]

No don't do that. We would not have enought time to watch then all [biggrin]

Looks like we both had the same idea about the temp sen taped to the fermenter.

What i did with mine was, because the foam is flat and the fermenter curved, I smeared some butter on the fernenter, put a silicone bead aroung the foam block, taped to to the fermentor,and when it dried i had a foam block with a gasket glued to it. less leakage.[rightful]

I just put a notch in the foam so it sits flush around the sensor. I used to just use a bit of gaffer tape to hold it on but recently put the elastic strap around it which is easier (courtesy of an old pair of undies [biggrin] )

A crusty pair?[biggrin]

Muddy,

Tried you undies trick, worked well, if I\u2019d have been 10Ks lighter, I would not have got them around. It was a struggle to get the band around the fermenter, a thought crossed my mind \u201cif this wont fit I\u2019ll have to go around to Muddies place and get an old pair of his\u201d. But thanks for the idea.

Ross, as long as you are 120kg plus the band will fit ok.[biggrin]

Warren

Bugger off both of you [annoyed] ......[biggrin]

The circumference of my fermentor is 92cm so you don't have to of wide girth for the undy strap to fit....one of the benefits of elastic is it's elastic properties. You may need a bigger pair if you have a pre-DIY Cooper's fermentor though.

...I'm over 100kg....but it is all across my shoulers and chest...[innocent] Muddy if that's the case I'd have to tie a knot in my jock strap so it would stay on....havn't we got something better to talk about?

Archived