Coopers Community

ICE CHEST

weggl

ICE CHEST I have made the internal dimensions are 400mm deep, 540 mm high and 540mm wide.

The things on the side are made from a piece of plastic pelmet I had lying around. The holes drilled had a dobb of glue over each one then held in place by 1-1/2 clouts.

The temp is showing 20.1 C, it was 20.3 last night and without the fan going it was down this morning.

This whole thing is made from throw out Broccoli boxes from Coles. All surfaces are glued together and are double layer.

The first batch went in at 26C WITH 2- 3L frozen drink bottles whit the fan going the temp was down to 23C in 5 hours. I left the temp there so as not to drop it too quickly. The next day I replaced the ice and brought it down to 21C ,THEN TO 20C.

The glue was Max Bond Fast Grip, don\u2019t use ordinary Max bond it will eat the foam.

INNER DOOR This shows the gasket on the inner door, it is Selly\u2019s roof and gutter silicone. Run a bead of silicone around the door, take the door and grease the edges and face where it will touch the silicone with butter or margarine, don\u2019t use grease it will eat the foam. Place the inner door on the silicone and then place the outer door in place, the sponge will hold it place, leave it e until the next day.

The sponge is 1/2\u201d longer than the edge of the unit so when the outer door is in place it puts pressure on the inner door and gives a good seal.

INSIDE INNER DOOR, this shows the construction of the inner door. The red stuff is red talcum powder, I did not have any white. I used it because the silicone was still a little sticky so I put talcum on it to avoid any sticking.

INNER GASKET this shows the ice chamber, it is 250mm deep and 150mm wide (internal measurements) the hole in the top right is a 2\u201d computer fan, there is a slot that you cant see behind the fermenter at the bottom of the ice chamber 1\u201dx 3\u201d. The black tape hosed a block of foam that has the temp probe inside, so as to measure the fermenter temp and not the air temp, the bubbler on top is just a piece of stiff and heated and bent plastic tube in a container of water.

Could not get descriptions to go with photos, so I guess you will have to sort it out. Help Muddy!

Warren.

Archived