Coopers Community

Novice

ScottK

My gf bought me a Cooper's Homebrew kit for Christmas and it was different than what some of the websites show. I didin't receive the PET bottles, but caps and a capper. The carbonation drops were also left out. I've finally aquired enough bottles to get started, but I'm confused on how to prime the bottles. I have read that corn or cane sugar is best to use? Is it best to add the solution to the entire batch? Do I boil the solution before adding and to what degree? Can I use the fermenter to do this or am I going to need a second fermenting bucket? Sorry to seem like such a 'Rookie' but that's exactly what I am. No longer am I able to enjoy some of my favorite microbrews in the states so my answer is to come up with my own.

...I'm thinking your gf might be on an economy drive, sounds like a pretty old kit to me, no big deal though, plenty of us started off with just such kits![happy]

If you have a look around the site and check the FAQ I am sure you will get what you need to know....I am not too smart with computers or I would put up the link, I am sure someone will shortly!

Archived