Coopers Community

Caught Muddy

weggl

Well I finally made it Muddy; I\u2019m now ranked \u201cBREWER\u201d. Does this mean that I am allowed to give as much cheek as you? Or is there a transitional period I have to go through.

Being new to this forum and with only 14 brews under my belt (with one stuff up) I hardly feel qualified to have such a high ranking.

I guess that come from my humble nature.

Yours truly

Warren

[biggrin] I didn't even know (or had forgotten??) there even was rankings until you started bringing it up Warren - It seems important to you so well done. You should be getting an info pack on what priveleges the rank brings any day now - the diplomatic immunity perk was an unexpected one for me.

If there was a rank for starting the most threads I'd say you'd be a General by now [tongue]

Was going to start another one, but I thought \u201cno I don\u2019t want to surpass Muddy that would be too cheeky\u201d. However seeing that you are a much more talented brewer than I, I thought I might throw this one at you.

Just brewed the Irish Ale and decided to boost the alkie a little by adding 100 Dex. Good thought. However being use to the Coopers DME box size which contains 500g

I picked up the Be1 thinking that it was also 500g, tipped it in took an OG, was startled to see a reading of 6.5. It was then I discovered the mistake.

Now dear Muddy, what should I do? It seems my mid-strength will turn into supper octane. Should I drink it or use it for fuel?

How do you recon it will taste? I think it will be a little on the sweet side, wadaya recon?

Warren

I'm not as smart as Muddy....when it comes to brewing, but I am still confused as to how you tipped 1Kg of gear into a brew when you were looking for 100g from what you thought was a 500g box![roll]....back to drinker I think!

I don't really follow? You say you added 1kg of BE1 which is true to the recipe. Did you add the 100g of dex?

Can you post what you actually put in. I'm guessing you meant to say that you added 1kg of dex as well as 1kg of BE1.

I don't reckon it will be sweet as the extra sugar will turn to alcohol but it may taste a little rough. I'd never suggest tipping it out (unless infected) as the mistakes we make sometimes turn to gold (or you can always give it away).

And as for being a "much more talented brewer" - I'm more opinionated than talented.

BTW - How many brew do you have on? You seem to be doing a different one every other day [cool]

Your right again Muddy. The repice does call for 1KG of Be1, when the hydrometer showed over 1065 I Got confused because the reading was so high and then I thought the recipe must have been 500 BE1, But 500I had in mind is the Irish Red Ale. So the only addition I made was the extra 100 of Dex. Wonder why the reading was so high?

I have the toucan stout & the Irish going at the moment. the only way I can see of getting beer that is at least a month old is to build up a stock quickly.

Because the bloody things keep disapearing???[annoyed]

Your right again Muddy.

Again your using words that I'm not accustomed too Warren - Ask my wife and she'll tell you I'm rarely right about anything [biggrin]

Yeah, the best way to keep stock up is to keep brewing. I've just bttled a batch, have another in the brew fridge ready to bottle and I plan to cook up a golden ale of sorts tomorrow. I really need to try and drink more or brew less [lol] - I have trouble finding somewhere to keep it all.

I only drink a bottle a day (mostly) some times 2, but it is all the other buggers that some how seem to whittle the stock.

So i guess most of the brews must be ok, but then some will drink anything if its free.[cool]

Archived