Coopers Community

Beerfest 2010

Luke

Make a point of going up-river to Berriedale and visit Moorilla Winery/Brewery/Art Gallery/Restaurant. They do great tapas and the brewery is right there under your nose. You might even get a chance to meet the brewer, Owen Johnson. He's a nice bloke and if he has any spare time he might show you around the brewery...

The Cascade Brewery tour is not bad either.

Hmmm, maybe I should kill two birds, Beerfest and take the opportunity to visit my Mum, near Cadbury factory. [cool]

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers PB2, We'll be there Friday morning, so ample time to drop in to Moo Brew for a tour & taste![biggrin]

We do have to go to the market on Saturday morning to keep the missus on side. (She's pretty keen to visit Beerfest too!)

• 1 month later...

Flew back in this morning.....

Awesome time in Hobart. Many beers sampled. Favorite of the Tassie Breweries was Van Dieman Brewery's Ragged Jack Pale Ale, close 2nd was a tie between Iron House & Moo Brew's Pale Ales (both American style pales).

Sampled Brew Dog beers (Scotland).....Whoa, hops.......[devil]

Also had a German smoked beer which was awesome! Smelt like standing at a bonfire and tasted like bacon!

Great event, I reckon I spotted Pete the brewmaster in a NSW Blues shirt, but lost sight of him & never saw him again!!!...Pete, was that you?

Anyway, a very cool event!

Nice job Luke.

I followed Wade Ormsby and Apples during Thu, Fri, Sat. Revved Apples up after he doubled 17 on Sat with "put it behind you Apples and birdie the 18th". And he did![biggrin]

Only had 3 x Coopers Light at the golf and a 6 pack of White Rabbit White Ale back at the motel. Nice to be home and have a few of my own[wink]

HI luke,

Unfortunately I was not there. We talked about going, but I have had to take on extra at work, so was unable to go. I will be at the Neil Diamond concert in Melbourne on 13/03/2011 though. (What a waste of a great song on that VB add)

Sorry for swearing $2.00 in the swear jar for me!!!!!![bandit]

Cheers,

Peter

Never mind Peter, it must've been your double!!![cool]

PB2, sounds like you were just down the road at the Masters....

I was somewhat disappointed with the White Ale... (I must admit, I did taste it after visiting the Brew Dog tent) The 5am Saint was lovely!!![love]

Archived