Coopers Community

Worth a try

DennisM4

i thought when i saw the bread syrup containing 20% malt extract. So i bought two bottles and a can of real ale. Just to try it, who knows, maybie ends up great! Since it was time to bottle my stout i wanted to start a new one right away. Bottling went great by the way.

So now is the syrup ale up and running at around 21 degrees C readed about 1050. Hard to tell cause of the foam. But made it 20 litres.

Oh and its in a regular fermenting bucket this time, since i wanna use the micro kit from when i get my stuff im about to order from internet (store didnt hold any extract that i wanted)

If it's 20% malt, what's in the other 80%?

Being a syrup intended for use in baking bread, it may have some level of microbial load. Not a problem in bread because the oven temp will kill it off but not good in beer unless it is pastuerised first [pinched]

I would say with a degree of illfound certainty that it will be ok. Just for the sheer hell of it I used a jar of my wifes glucose syrup, for cake making/decorating, in one of my brews, and, some might say unfortunately, I'm still in the land of the living[innocent]

hehehe' date=' would love to live there. Sweden sucks alot. Cold all the time...[/quote']

tell me about it, I'm on the other side of Baltic Sea... snow is already more than half meter deep and if it continues like this I will run out of space in yard where to shovel it :-/

meek! me wants summer!

Indeed same thing here, i guess global warming doesnt affect us hehe, -24 degrers celcius today, freshcut mohawk without a hat on walked from girlfriends parents home, about 2km braimfreeze almost hehe, unlucky i didnt have the electric fireplace plugged in when i got home, but will be nice in the late winter to have with a homebrew i could drink

hehehe' date=' would love to live there. Sweden sucks alot. Cold all the time...[/quote']

tell me about it, I'm on the other side of Baltic Sea... snow is already more than half meter deep and if it continues like this I will run out of space in yard where to shovel it :-/

meek! me wants summer!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived