Coopers Community

Blocked beer connector on keg

James Lao

Hi Legends,

Have been getting issues with my ball lock beer quick connector.

A few times over the last couple  of days or so when going to pour a beer nothing comes out ( keg is about half full).

First time this happened I swapped the beer lines over ( I have 2 taps), and was able to pour beer again.

(Not a gas or post issue then I thought).

Swapped back the connectors to original and was able to pour beer again.

Last night it happened again so just disconnected a re-connected the same connector again a few times and it started working again.

Was thinking about stripping the connector down and giving it a clean before buying a new one.

Anyone have issues like this before?

I am pretty regimented when it comes to cleaning the keg and lines after each keg blows.

Cheers

James

Edited by James Lao

Did you dry hop the beer. I've had hops block the connect on the keg - had to pull it apart a few times to keep cleaning the hops out. This beer didn't get cold crashed and was commando hopped (free and loose) which was the reason for the blockages.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dozer71 said:

Did you dry hop the beer. I've had hops block the connect on the keg - had to pull it apart a few times to keep cleaning the hops out. This beer didn't get cold crashed and was commando hopped (free and loose) which was the reason for the blockages.

Hey Dozer,

I did dry hop but they were in a hop sock and did a cold crash as well.

Think I will have a go at cleaning the quick connect if/when it happens again, just watched a clip on YouTube  on how to do it - haven’t got any mini wire brush pipe cleaner thingies though.

A good soak in sodium percarbonate and then Starsan should do it.

Not really  a proper beer emergency as swapping it to the spare beer connector /  line gets it flowing again ( only one keg in action but 2 taps).

Cheers

It did block up again so I disconnected the disconnect (?)

Cleaned it out, didn’t see anything obvious blocking it and re-connected it.

So far so good - 2 good pours so hopefully that’s the end of it!

Otherwise I will have to get a new one , only about $15 but, still.

Cheers and good beers

James

• Like 3