Coopers Community

New or old Coopers Kit

DaleB

Hi All,

I went out and purchased a Coopers Micro Beer kit today, however it was advertised as the new DIY kit.

Im not sure if I should take it back or keep it, Ive heard the newer one is easier to clean but not sure what to do?

CHeers

G'day Dale, welcome to the Brewers Guild!!

[rightful] The DIY Beer Kit and the Micro-Brew Kit are two separate products - different name, barcode, product code - and should not be sold as the same item.[rightful]

We have sent out more than 5000 DIY Beer Kits, around the country, so every BIG W store should have them available for sale.

Both kits have everything needed to make beer. The DIY Beer Kit is just a little bit, a bit, somewhat, a lot, heaps, shed loads better than the Micro-Brew Kit. Hope I don't sound too much like a proud Dad [love]

THanks PB2

I took it back and am trying to get the DIY Kit, Ive called 7 Big W's near me and they only have the Micro kit in stock GRRR, even though they are advertising the DIY.

Any idea which Big W should have them? or did they just go to there main storage?

Cheers, Im sure I only want the DIY one now, but preying I find one before xmas

Re: BIg W, we deliver to a distribution centre and the product is sent out to stores - we have no idea which stores get how much of what [unsure]

Fact remains, though, they are the biggest supporter of our brand, carrying the full range of Original Series, International Series, Brewing Sugars, etc. [biggrin]

Sure,

Ive tried the following stores, but all only stock the old version or none at all. Even though the catalogue says the DIY version.

A little upset now, the wife wants to buy this for me as an xmas gift, but not one can be found :(

Stores Ive been to

Neeta City

Bonnyrigg

Auburn

Macqaurie Park

Rhodes

Wetheril Park

Bankstown

Chullora

I've just bought a new diy kit for my brother in law from bigw at westfields Liverpool.They have had it in for nearly 2 weeks.Hope you let your fingers do the walking,that's a lot of stores to visit. Still more there.

When i was picking up the kit there was a woman doing her best to buy all the HB stock. She had maybe 16 cans of coopers and tooheys,bottles,carb drops and sugars/enhancers/ldm. Is that anyone on here? Nice xmas pressy for someone.

Cheers

phil

Thanks Dale, I will pass this information on.

One thought...when you ring these stores, assuming you are not making a visit to each, is the person looking at the brewing shelves only or looking at floor stacks as well??

I ask this because - during Fathers' day and Christmas Day sales, the stores will have floor stacks. Knowing how long we have not been supplying the old Coopers Mirco-Brew Kit, I would expect that there is no chance that the stores could populate a floor stack with anything other than the DIY Beer Kit [surprised

Ive been asking them for floor stock and on shelves and out the back, however tonight a break thru.

BiG W Winston hills had 5 in stock, I headed over straight away and now under my xmas tree is my very own DIY kit. Cannot wait for xmas day.

Thanks all, shall post photos once I start brewing. 1 question do the DIY come with the small or large PET bottles?

Ive been asking them for floor stock and on shelves and out the back, however tonight a break thru.

BiG W Winston hills had 5 in stock, I headed over straight away and now under my xmas tree is my very own DIY kit. Cannot wait for xmas day.

Thanks all, shall post photos once I start brewing. 1 question do the DIY come with the small or large PET bottles?

UNDER THE CHRISTMAS [innocent] TREEEEE??????

I hope it is an empty box wrapped up and you have a secret brew fermenting somewhere[biggrin] .

Congrats on your pressie. I got a kit for Chrissy last year and haven't looked back.

MarkF6' date=' good point. My fermenter and hydrometer work just fine so no need to buy a new one. [bandit']

Martyn.

I think the point MF6 (when you put it like that he sounds like a spy - look for him on wikileaks[bandit] ) was trying to make was that he only wanted the new FV...[cool]

Yes, we are considering selling the Plastic Hydrometer and the Fermenting Vessel separately.

However, we don't sell parts from the old Micro-Brew Kit separately.[sideways]

Looking to see how the complete DIY Beer Kits are received before making any decisions. [sleeping]

Archived