Coopers Community

35l Alcoengine Copper Pot Still or BrewZilla Gen.3.1.1 ?

amberfiend

hey there everybody 😉

have been wanting to distill my own spirits for years now, and finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase the required gear etc.

my big question today is, would it be a better choice to buy the kegland 35 litre BrewZilla Gen.3.1.1 or jus t go with the 35 litre Alcoengine Copper Pot Still ?

it appears that if i buy the brewzilla i can do full grain beers but also with a few twists and turns i can add the reflux column and also use it to distill pure spirits etc ?

if anybody here has any experience with this or can confirm that it will serve both purpose's and is capable of being reconfigured to do so with reasonable ease please let me know and share any details i may need to take into consideration when i do go forward with my decision ?

thanks in advance and hope you are all enjoying this wintery bloody summer in melbourne 😞 grumble lol

• Thanks 1

I use the RoboBrew Gen 3 with the Alcoengine pot still attachment and its simple as placing the pot still with the lid on top of the boiler and adding your cold water in and out.

Depends what you really want to do with it, you can turn your Alcoengine bundle into a BIAB but again depending if you want to spend a little bit more to get a bit better bit of kit they both are good bundles.

You will need to purchase the still lid and still obviously if you go the BrewZilla and the only twist and turn you need to do is attach the lid.

Also a good little purchase on it if you want to barrel age some of you spirits in the 10L French Oak barrel on the KegLand site but you also get awesome results from staves and chips.

Can also turn your foreshots and heads into a cheap hand sanitizer in a pinch haha, iv made one before using fresh Aloe, essential oil/s and spirit... smells a lot better then half the ones the shops have as you come in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

I use the RoboBrew Gen 3 with the Alcoengine pot still attachment and its simple as placing the pot still with the lid on top of the boiler and adding your cold water in and out.

Depends what you really want to do with it, you can turn your Alcoengine bundle into a BIAB but again depending if you want to spend a little bit more to get a bit better bit of kit they both are good bundles.

You will need to purchase the still lid and still obviously if you go the BrewZilla and the only twist and turn you need to do is attach the lid.

Also a good little purchase on it if you want to barrel age some of you spirits in the 10L French Oak barrel on the KegLand site but you also get awesome results from staves and chips.

Can also turn your foreshots and heads into a cheap hand sanitizer in a pinch haha, iv made one before using fresh Aloe, essential oil/s and spirit... smells a lot better then half the ones the shops have as you come in.

thanks a million smashed crabs, this is exactly what i was hoping to hear 😉 i will grab the brewzilla so i can use it as a multi function device and not have regrets in a few weeks time 😉