Coopers Community

Storing bulk Dry Light Malt

Redbeard

hey guys, how so some of you store bulk DLM. I bought a 20kg bag (long way to nearest home brew supply shop) and was going to store it in 3 12L sealed buckets, is it ok to store the unused portion in the freezer or just find the coolest place in the house.

Interesting that you've got hold of a 20kg LDM - they are intended for supply to commercial enterprises such as bakeries, confectioners, craft breweries, etc. [bandit]

I leave it in the bag-in-a-box. The bag is quite tall so trim it down to a more manageable height. Once you've taken the amount required from the bag, gently push the air out of the bag then twist the top heaps of times and place a clip on it.

pw1b.jpg

Paul, due to being about 250kms from a reputable home brew supply shop i was able to find a retailer in Perth who would sell me 20kg bags of DLM,25kg bags of dextrose and 10kg bags of powdered corn syrup. I also bought 500g bags of chinook and cascade hops, lost of different packets of yeast and vary different brew cans.

We stock up pretty big on everything here.

Buying in bulk to beat the tyranny of distance, nice one [w00t]

Cool storage for the hops (freezer), yeast (fridge) and liquid extracts/beer kits (< 20degC) will help to keep them in the best condition.

I hope the LDM storage tip is of some use [biggrin]

Archived