Coopers Community

Wheat Beer - Morgans

IanK5

I recently developed a taste for wheat beer, so naturally decided to have a go at making one myself. So this was an experiment after 10 years of brewing ales and porters, and a rather successful one, too. This was also the first time using Morgans kit. This is the recipe I used:

• Morgans Premium Golden Sheaf Wheat
  • 1.5kg Morgans Master Wheat Malt (liquid)
  • 0.5kg light dry malt
  • Safale WB-06 wheat beer yeast
  • Orange peel - steeped in boiled water for about 20 minutes
  • 23 litres

Bottled after 23 days in the fermenter. The beer has now been in the bottle for 6 weeks.

What a great result; I was thoroughly impressed. It looks, smells, and tastes like wheat beer. Best served ice cold.

Edited by IanK5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IanK5 said:

I recently developed a taste for wheat beer, so naturally decided to have a go at making one myself. So this was an experiment after 10 years of brewing ales and porters, and a rather successful one, too. This was also the first time using Morgans kit. This is the recipe I used:

• Morgans Premium Golden Sheaf Wheat
  • 1.5kg Morgans Master Wheat Malt (liquid)
  • 0.5kg light dry malt
  • Safale WB-06 wheat beer yeast
  • Orange peel - steeped in boiled water for about 20 minutes
  • 23 litres

Bottled after 23 days in the fermenter. The beer has now been in the bottle for 6 weeks.

What a great result; I was thoroughly impressed. It looks, smells, and tastes like wheat beer. Best served ice cold.

23 days in the fermenter did you go away and forget about it? glad you ended up enjoying it.