Coopers Community

Question Re: Coopers PET Bottles

zyx345

Regarding the PET bottles that come with the Coopers Microbrew Kit, approximatey how many times can they be reused?

I'm on two batches with mine and was wondering how many batches I could use them for.

I also have a capper and reclaimed glass bottles for giving away to friends.

Hi fellow home brewers I have some pet bottles going on 10 refills and still working well.I do replace the caps at around 5 brews but they are cheap to buy.A great thing about pet bottles is you can tell if you have a poor seal on a bottle as it will be soft when the rest of the batch is starting to harden up.Just recap the soft one and no flat beer try that with glass bottles[lol]

I've found that if they get scratched or kinked, the pet layers can delaminate. The beer will go stale quicker if that happens, otherwise you can just keep using them. As 2 birds said, the caps can be regularly and easily replaced.

Yep, the PET bottle is just like any other piece of beer equipment, look after it and it will look after you.[biggrin]

I ran tests when we first changed to the new PET bottle with 5 feet - got to 13 iterations of secondary fermentation, emptying cleaning re-filling and then got bored with the whole thing. [innocent]

Archived